Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Monday, January 12, 2015

Spiced Fruit Stuffing with Pork Chops

This is what I am making for dinner tonight. I will attach a photo later after I plate it pretty.

Another crock pot recipe that takes a little bit of prep but smells delicious coming from my crock pot. We are pork lovers in this family. Very busy family as of late with training a new puppy along with other activities around the house with the kids. Once the stuffing mix is all together its very easy to throw into the crock pot and go.

1 cup of diced dried fruit and raisin mix ( just used the dried fruit I had around the house)
1 cup  chicken broth
1/2 cup apple juice
3 tbsp margarine or butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon ( I used 2 tsp)
1/8 tsp nutmeg ( I used 1 tsp)
1 - 6oz pkg herb seasoned stuffing mix
1- 4oz boneless pork loin chops about 1/2" thick ( I used the pork should blades I had)
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

In a large sauce pan combine dried fruit, broth, 1/4 cup apple juice, margarine , cinnamon, nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stir in stuffing mix Remove from heat.

Arrange pork chops in bottom of 4 qt slow cooker. Pour remaining 1/4 cup of apple juice over pork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.Top with stuffing mixture.

Cover, cook on low setting for 5-6 hours.( My slow cooker is weird it cooks fast so it cooks for me in about 4 hours)
Remove stuffing from cooker, place in serving bowl, stir gently, serve with pork


Post picture later

Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment