Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Sunday, May 22, 2011

General Tso


I found this recipe while up in Wisconsin.  We couldn't afford to eat chinese out, so I would make it at home. My husbands favorite is General Tso chicken. I first marinade the chicken in oyster sauce, cooking sherry, and cornstarch. While that is sitting I chop my veggies. I use what ever bell pepper that I can find or is cheeper.Celery, some times baby corn. Then I make the sauce that goes in later. It has Honey, rice vinegar, cooking sherry, soy sauce, asian sesame oil,corn starch and water. I use 2 tablespoons of everything.  Then in a frying pan /wok I use 2 table spoons of canola oil and fry the chicken just so its not pink. Add vegetables, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and minced ginger and crushed red pepper to taste. I cook everything for 3 minutes then I add the sauce and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Sauce should thicken. Its best if served over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment