Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Almonds and Chocolate

Chocolates class has been fun and a challenge. One of the biggest challenges in making chocolates is making sure that your chocolate doesn't bloom. What I mean by that is when you buy a candy bar from the store and it looks kind of white or spotted. That is blooming. It means that the cocoa butter didn't stay within the crystal chains. Its a chemical reaction. I didn't want to post anything until I had been able to work out the bugs, but it is still a work in progress. I am pretty sure it is the way I am stirring the chocolate to get it to the right temperature or the bowls aren't clean enough. The smallest thing can disturb the chocolate so it has to be super clean. I did post the the few items that I have been working on. Peanut butter cups is one of them .

That being said. I did have great success with making candied almonds. I remembered growing up always smelling them in the malls when I was out shopping. Now I can make them. It is much easier that I thought it was. I am also happy I have something that I now can ship home and it wont get ruined before it gets there.

Happy Eating


No comments:

Post a Comment