Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Healthy Freezer Meal

Being a busy chef and mom, there are nights I just don't want to cook. I love it when I can pull something I have made ahead of time out of the freezer and fix it in 20 minutes. Being healthy is also good. I am a diabetic and I need to eat healthier. It doesn't always happen but its a constant goal of mine that I keep working at daily. I like to expose my kids and family to healthy dishes too. This encourages them to eat better and be more well rounded when eating food  out side of the house.

Broccoli Chicken Skillet
1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
1tbsp olive oil
1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of broccoli soup
1 cup stuffing mix
1 cup milk
1/4 cup raisins
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup (4oz) shredded Colby cheese

In a large skillet, saute the chicken, broccoli, carrots and onion in oil for 6 minutes. Or until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
Stir in the soup, stuffing mix, milk, raisins and pepper.  Cook uncovered  over medium heat or 8-10 minutes. Until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat, cover and let stand

*****
Before adding the cheese, cool casserole, cover and freeze. To use: partially thaw casserole in refrigerator over night, let stand on counter 30 minutes before heating. Pre heat oven to 350, cover casserole with foil and bake 20-30 minutes. About 10 min longer if you don't let it stand on the counter. To temp it out to make sure it is thoroughly heated. Thermostat should read 165 F. Sprinkle with cheese and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment