Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Monday, August 18, 2014

Mu Shu Chicken



I love Chinese food. My all time got to try at every restaurant I find is Egg Drop soup, or some places call it flour soup. I can tell a good from a bad and its a comfort food to me. That being said. I found this recipe and it looks so much more healthier than Mu Shu Pork. I have it built into my menu plan for this week to try it out. If any of you decide to try it out, let me know how it comes about. I would love to hear feed back from you all on this .

2 tbsp peanut oil or canola oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
4 cups thin sliced cabbage(shredded)
1-10oz bag of shredded carrots or about 4 carrots shredded via slicer or processor
2 large eggs, beaten
3/4 lb cooked chicken thighs, shredded or if you prefer white meat, 2 chicken breasts
3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
3 cups brown rice warmed

Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over med-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Add the cabbage and carrots and cook for about 4 minutes or until just wilted.
Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and add eggs. Cook, stirring constantly until scrambled. Mix with the vegetables, add the chicken and continue cooking until meat is warmed through. Drizzle with soy sauce, toss to coat and serve over rice.


Happy Eating

Photo taken from Parents Magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment