Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Monday, January 30, 2017

Blueberry Polenta Scones

Its been awhile since I have taken the time to sit down everyday and post something fun on here. I think with the new year coming of 2017 its time to get back into the habit of writing.

Update on Chef: I am just about done with my B.S degree and have been working in management to expand my horizons and learn to be a better boss. We have moved cross country again and are back in the high dessert country of Utah. Where life as usual is challenging with the climate and the population.

I have been doing a lot of Vegan and Vegetarian cooking. Love the Thug Kitchen Cookbooks. They put out a some great food. I have been slowly cooking my way through their books. I wanted to share this recipe with you. It is  theirs all the credit to them. As a non vegan/ vegetarian, I would have to put some kind of drizzle on it, but these are really good. I do use them quite a bit.

Brown Sugar Blueberry Polenta Scones
By Thug Kitchen

 makes 8 i usually  multiply this recipe by 3

1.5 cup whole wheat pastry flour or AP flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup brown sugar
1tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup blue berries fresh or frozen

Heat oven to 425 degrees F
Mix together flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, oil, and vanilla.

Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the milk mixture. Your going to do the biscuit mix. Mix until its combined but do not over mix.

Dump out on to a cutting board and press into a rectangle. About 1 1/2 " thick and 8" long. make sure you dust your cutting board with flour so the dough doesn't stick to it. Halve lenghtwise and then crosswise  into 2 inch wide scones. Brush with Almond milk then sprinkle with sugar.
Bake until they look golden on the bottom. 12-15 minutes.  Let them cool 10 minutes.

This is not a make ahead recipe. Use it the day you make it. they go really soft the longer they sit out.

I like serving them with chocolate hummus. Its seems like a weird combo but it works really well together.

I hope this to the first of many more writings to come

Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment