Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Monday, June 20, 2011

Roost 59

So the family and I did our normal day out and found this place in Lake Villa, IL. I think the best thing about the place is the fried apples. Which I think I am going to try and recreate. I had the philly steak, my kids had a hot dog, (  which is almost impossible to screw up) and chicken fingers and my husband had 2 thighs and leg (which is not what he ordered). They made their own honey mustard, not so great. I thought there was too much mustard and it was tart. I found my beef was a little on the salty side. My husband said his chicken tasted like fish. Over all it just was not impressive. The decor was nice and bright. They post that anything that is not simple like hot dogs takes 15-20 minutes to get. I think the only item I will be ordering is the apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment