Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fruit Tarts

Last week in Class we worked on making those pretty tarts you see in bakeries. I though it would be incredibly difficult. The only hard thing was deciding how to place my fruit on the tart to make it look pretty.
It would be nice if I could make and sell them out of my house. That whole ideas has kinda fallen by the wayside. Turns out people in Utah, aren't as friendly and helpful as they first seemed.  Keeping this about the food. I have posted some pictures below of my tart, and another groups. We all used what fresh fruit that we had. What gives it the shiny look is a glaze that is put on top. It seals in everything so that it does not go bad as fast. Really cool when your looking at them. I just need to get better at making pretty designs. The recipe is really basic. Its a sweet dough for the tart, a basic pastry cream recipe for the filling and fresh fruit.

Happy Eating.



1 comment:

  1. I love love love the one with the strawberries on the outskirts. Love your talent too!

    ReplyDelete