Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Friday, May 2, 2014

Amish White Bread

As I have a love of bread. I am always searching for recipes to try and then turn into my own. I found and tested one yesterday that is simple and might actually replace me buying white sandwich bread from the store.

I found this some where  on line but I didn't note the site. So it is not my original creation, but I will be experimenting with it in the future to see what I can add to it to improve it.

Here is the original recipe as found

2 cups warm water about 110 degrees
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups flour ( I used 3 all purpose, 3 bread)

Put sugar in bowl fitted with a dough hook and add water. Stir to dissolve and sprinkle yeast over the top.
Let it stand to get foamy about 5-15 minutes . Depending on the temperature in your house.
Then add oil, salt and 3 cups of flour.
Mix for about 1 minute, then add the rest of the flour.
Let the mixer go until the dough forms a ball  and doesn't stick to the sides.
Remove dough from bowl knead it by hand for 2 minutes until  it forms a soft round ball.
Grease a bowl and put the dough in it , turning once to coat the dough with the grease.
Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place and rise. About 1 hour.
After doubling, punch dough down
Divide equally in half.
Roll each half into a rectangle.
Roll each rectangle up like a jelly roll. Tuck the ends
Grease 7x9 loaf pans .
Place rolled dough seam side down into the loaf pans.
Let rise 45-60 minutes covered with plastic wrap in a warm place.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
When they come out I usually brush with butter to give the top a shiny appearance.


Hope your bread turns out as well as mine did..
Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment