Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Meat and Cheese Tortellini

This was another crock pot exploration. I  took some ground beef I had and sweet Italian sausage and cooked it up. I did take the Italian sausage out of its casing. It just worked better that way for me. I took my homemade spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and the meat after it was browned and put it in the crock pot. You just have to brown the meat not cook it all the way. I then added some basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic salt, a dash of onion powder, and fennel seed to the mix. I let it cook for 4 hours. About 15 min before I was ready to serve. I added a large container of three cheese tortellini. ( I haven't quite taken the time to make it by hand yet, so its store bought). I then served it up in a bowl and put mozzarella cheese on top of it.
It came out very good. In my opinion. Another quick fix meal. Worked out great. Even my daughter had some of it and she is 10 months. 

Happy Eating.

1 comment: