Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Monday, April 4, 2011

Stuffed Pork Loin

Tonight's dinner was stuffed pork loin. I had obtained two nice cuts of loin from Sam's Club and followed a simple recipe and I can say there was no left overs. I had bought a marinade which was tomato, basil and garlic. I have been a bit under the weather so I took some short cuts.

I split the loin in half but not all the way through. Then I coated the inside of the loin with the marinade/rub ( i say rub because I excluded the water it called for to make it thicker) then I took some Mozzarella cheese sticks I had in the fridge and wrapped them in Prosciutto. I then tied the loin together and coated the out side of it with the rub. I sear it in a pan for 6-8 min. then I transferred it to a dish and put it in the oven for about 20 min when my thermometer reached 155. I made a red wine reduction to go over the meat. I cooked down 1 cup red dry wine until it reduced to 1/2 cup. Then I added 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons butter. I also added 1 table spoon light brown sugar to sweeten it up a bit.



It came out great. I need more practice tying string around meat but over all it was a hit with the family. Took about 1 and half start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment