Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quick Chicken

Ok so I found a crock pot recipe for quick chicken. My crock must be super charged because it never takes the amount of time that is listed. It seems that everything cooks in 4 hours or less. Most of the time the recipes I find say cook for 8 to 10 hours. This one cooked in about 3.

I used 2 1lb chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of cooking sherry
4 slices of maple baccon
2 tablespoons of fresh chives.
8 oz of button mushrooms

I cooked the baccon til it was crisp. Then I cooked the chicken in the baccon fat ( yes I know its not a healthy dish)  for 5-7 min. Until the chicken is brown  on both sides.
Then you take chicken and put it into the crock. Cover it with the mushrooms.
Take the baccon grease and add the cream of chicken soup and sherry to it. Make sure it is well mixed then pour over chicken and mushrooms.
Cover and let cook. I had my crock set to low.
I served it with Broccoli.

My husband's comment was that it tasted like a moist turkey dinner. Like it fell right off the bone. So there was no left overs from it.
Hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment