Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Baking a Charlotte

In pastry class the assignment was to make and plate a Charlotte Ruse. I have posted pictures of other classmates final project. I was not happy with ours or the way it was done. That being said, a Charlotte is ladyfingers that surrounds Bavarian Cream usually topped with fruit. It looks very pretty when its done. Very tasty too. The other picture in here is a team mates attempt at plating Flan. I found that I am not a fan of it. It is very easily over cooked and when that happens it looks bad and taste like scrambled eggs. 
The only thing we were told is don't use a garnish unless its in the dish. The mint does not belong here.

The end of quarter is coming, so soon I will have more pictures to post. I have a lot of events coming up and will have some photos from that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment