Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Plating desserts

This week we had to plate desserts. Restaurant style. It was a good learning experience on what to do and what not to do. I had put modeling chocolate in a brush stroke on the plate. I should have used a sauce and done it that way. Modeling chocolate isn't really edible and is used more for chocolate art than eating. Fruit should always be glazed when on something to be plated. There were a lot of good points and bad points.  Over all a good try for the first time having to do it.
We also were attempting to deconstruct an eclair. Not so good. Our plate was finished on time, but I would never serve it in a real setting. I thought it was sloppy, and not even close to what we were suppose to do. Some of the plates below are mine and other people in my class. The turtle cheese cake plate is mine.
Over all it was a good learning lesson. I think that in the future the plates need to be better planed out. So more pictures to come in the future when we do more plates.
Turtle cheese cake

This is the plate I would never serve.

deconstructed eclair

peanut butter cheese cake

No comments:

Post a Comment