Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chef Tom

This past weekend I spent on a film set. I got to see how "movie magic" with food happens. It was pretty cool. I got to make the food the chef was doing on camera. It was basic stuff but I still had a lot of fun doing it. The house was owned by the guys from the Spike TV shoe Flip Men. The place was huge. 3 kitchens, a basketball court and a dance studio. Pretty cool. Chef Tom was the chef doing the taping for a new I pad app that's coming out. He is a local celebrity. He appears on Channel 4 (ABC) as their food person.
Anyways, He would show them how to make something like creme brulee and I would be making the same thing in the upstairs kitchen and it was my final product that was taped. Really cool. I had two other culinary students with me too. They were fun to work with. Here are a few pictures of what we did this weekend.

This was a piece of raw salon he had used. I cooked it and served it to the crew when Chef Tom was finished.

This is my creme brulee after the food stylist got threw making it pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment