Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Recipe Day

I have an extra day at home this week, so I am taking the time to post some of my recipes. I have been looking through my collection of hundreds of foods that I have collected since I started this journey and trying to narrow down my favorites to post on line for everyone to read and share.

One of my most favorite breads to make is Focaccia. I love taking the fresh Rosemary from my garden and using it in the recipe.  Here it is. I hope it works well for you and is as soft, and spongy as when I make it.

Sugar                                    1 tbsp
Active Dry Yeast                   1tbsp
All Purpose Flour                  1lb 2 oz
Water, warm                         12 fl oz
Kosher Salt                           2 tsp
Onion, fine dice                     3 oz
Olive Oil                               1/2 fl oz
Fresh Rosemary                    2 tbsp

Combine the sugar, yeast, and water. Stir to dissolve the yeast. Stir in 4 oz of flour at a time.
Stir in 1 1/2 tsp of the salt and onion. You can add some Rosemary at this time too if you wanted to
Mix well then knead on a lightly floured surface. Or in a bowl with dough hook.
Place dough in a oiled bowl cover and ferment until doubled. About an hour
Punch down the dough, then flatten it onto an oiled sheet pan. It should be no more than 1 inch thick. Brush the top with olive oil. Let dough proof until doubled about 15 min.
Sprinkle with crushed Rosemary and remaining 1/2 tsp of salt on top of dough.
Bake at 400 until lightly browned about 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment