Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stuffed Mushrooms

I was able to get my hands on a couple of large portobellos a few days ago. I decided to stuff them. I first marinated them with balsamic vinegar and cooked them for about 15 minutes until they were soft. Then I came up with this mix to put in them. I used bread crumbs, red beats, onions, spinach and garlic. I had forgotten that red beats turn everything red so the mix was a bright red inside of the mushroom. I had a great flavor, just a bright color.  Below is the inspiration picture for the dish, and the actual one I made that night.

I love experimenting with what I have in the fridgerator. Some times it takes me hours to make something because I stand at my pantry with the doors open looking at everything I have and trying to figure out how to make a bunch of of work together so that  I can have something yummy to eat.

this was the inspiration

this is what actually came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment