Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Culinary School week 6

It was breakfast this week! Stuffed full of good food each night. We did Fritattas, Omlets, Quiche, Pancakes, French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Eggs Benedict, Fried Eggs, Hasbrowns, Scones and Crepes.

If you want any of these recipes ask me, I will be more than happy to give them out. It was a lot of fun making food that I will use every weekend while feeding my kids and my husband. I learned a couple different ways to make food that I would not have thought to use.  One of the ingredients we did was honey in the french toast. It was a side thing from the recipe that we were given to put in the bowl. My partner said it was something she adds to help  brown the toast and give it a sweeter flavor. We stuffed the crepes with a sweet filling. Using what we had, we used ricotta cheese, sugar, heavy cream and some flavoring. It came out great. Crepes can be sweet or savory. Our omlet we stuffed with red swiss chard, mushrooms and feta cheese. It gave it a nice bite. There are so many endless possiblities with breakfast its crazy.  I am having a blast in school.

Thank you to all who read me and follow me. I only ask that any posts in response are relavent to what I am writing about. Not ad for some automobile equipment or such. I am looking forward to sharing my school experience with you.






No comments:

Post a Comment