Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Culinary School Week 7

Due to the holiday it was cram everything into one day of school week. It was roasted chicken with pan gravy, stuffed tomatoes with duxelles, Savoyard potatoes, roasted top sirloin with au jus lie, sauteed green beans and garlic mash potatoes. That was all in one night. There was suppose to be a few other items but we did not have the ingredients for them.

The chicken was simple. Nothing I haven't done before. I used my usual butter under the skin to keep it moist while cooking. I used the spices the school had.
1/4 tsp of paprika
1/8tsp  of rosemary, more like a 1/2 of fresh
1/8 tsp of thyme, more like 1/2 tsp. I did it the Mist way and pulled each leaf off the sprig
I mix all that in to soft butter about 4 tsp and put it all under the skin.

Just before I throw it into the oven I sprinkle it with salt, pepper and a little more paprika over the top of the chicken. Gives it a good color. This time I happened to throw in  the cavity half an onion and the rest of the sprigs of thyme and rosemary. The chicken came out really moist.

Tomato Duxelles is basically sauteed mushrooms and onions with salt and pepper stuffed into a tomato that has been parboiled to get rid of the skin and the seeds taken out. I personally, would have added some bread crumbs to make the stuffing a little thicker, but we did not have any.

Below are this weeks photos. If you want any of the other recipes. Just ask. I am always happy to give them out.

Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment