Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Friday, June 15, 2012

Coffee Steak

I found this recipe in Sandra Lee's cook book and adapted it to fit our family. Its a coffee crusted steak. The gravy also has coffee in it. Its great. I cooked it a little too long. It called for a tenderloin and I used a tri tip instead. I paired it with sauteed vegetables. I cleaned out the frige of what I had for vegetables. If I were to do this again, I would go and get the tenderloin just to see how much of a difference there would be.

Rub
1/4 c Coffee
1/4c brown sugar
2 tbsp paprika
2tbsp chili powder
2tsp sage
1tsp onion powder

you mix that all together and rub it all over the meat. The gravy, is to keep it moist.

1 can beef broth.
drippings from the cooked meat
1 packet of instant coffee
2 tsp of worcestershire sauce
2tbsp of cornstarch

bring the first 4 items to a boil then remove some of the liquid and mix into the cornstarch. Then return the cornstarch slurry to the boiling liquid. It should thicken up. You want it like creamy, nape so it coats the back of a spoon.

This is the final result.
Happy Eating


No comments:

Post a Comment