Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Friday, June 15, 2012

Castle Cake

This cake was done for my daughter's birthday. It took about 10 hours or so of decorating and about 2-3 hours planning. It was the first time I used fondant to cover a cake completely. Definitely a learning lesson about how to put fondant on a cake. I know now that its better to use a simple syrup than frosting. Always put doll rods in a cake that is more than one tier. That was a big learning lesson as the cake collapsed in the back. It did survive the birthday party. The towers are plastic decorated in fondant and royal frosting. The spire is also plastic with fondant and frosting. I would charge $65 or better for cake like this for a customer.
Made me realize that I wouldn't mind do more of these cakes, just need to work on getting rid of some of the plastic parts and replacing them with cake or chocolate. I can be contacted by email: lmzaehler@ymail.com if you are interested in cakes. I only service the Salt Lake City area at this time. To friends back home, I can tell you how to do this. Its easy.

Happy Eating


No comments:

Post a Comment