Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quick Dinner

This I came up with on the fly. Its like hamburger helper except its home made. Just something to get a quick carb fix. Its ground beef 73/27(something like that) and turkey. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, Northwood Seasoning( Penzey's seasoning). Then I took pasta (sigh, boxed) and cooked it to al dente. I made a cream sauce using heavy cream, 1 egg yolk, grated cheese( what ever I had in the fridge) white cheddar, asiago, and Parmesan. Seasoned it with sweet dried basil, kosher salt and white pepper. When the noodles were done cooking, I drained the water(do not rinse, it will cool them too much) and then poured in the cream mixture til it was well melted, then added the ground beef/turkey mix.
I thought it had good flavor and was filling. Most of the family did too, with the exception of my picky eater, my son.


Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment