Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Z Kitchen Zink

So I have decide to try and do my own catering business. Mostly cakes, pastries, cake balls, little items  that are easy to do and that people love.  This is a work in progress and I am learning as I go. I will probably also change my major or adapt it to fit what I need it to for this. I like doing the pastries and cakes but I also need to know the management side of it. Recently I have learned that this business is very cut throat even by other students here. Apparently, in Utah, they have no morals or not many. For those people who do it, they don't care about who they step on or how they do it to get what they want. Yes, this is kind of a personal vent for me.  I also quit my job at the corporate building working in the cafeteria. My need for clean and very organized chaos does not jive with the thoughts of the executive chef who would rather hire an untrained teen rather than a person versed with culinary experience. His words not mine, " culinary school ruins people." So that is  a place I need not be. I love being in culinary school and learning. I guess our standards are at an impass. I'm trained and he is not. He just got to be executive chef by experience.

If you become unhappy in what you are doing, its time to stop. I do not want to wind up hating my career choice. Staying there would have most certainly killed it.


Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment