Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Friday, September 27, 2013

Private Chef Job

I took on a Private Chef job.. I left my dearly loved Grappa because of medical issues. That being said, I took this because it would have made my medical issues much easier.

I am the Exec. Chef for Alpha Phi for U of U. 15 girls and 125 on one night a week. I love the house and the girls. Its fun to be in the kitchen and watch all their personalities swirl about. Some of them are strong personality and are skeptical of what is  to come. So far they all love the food.

When I met them, they all had foods they loved and a few have allergies but that's very fixable to work around with. My American Food girl was insistent that she will only eat American Food. I made the rule of my kitchen is: no matter what I cook, you have to try one bite of it. Doesn't matter if she doesn't like it. Its the point of having to try something new and different outside of the comfort zone.

So the challenge begins of taking these girls on a culinary journey of different food. Most of them are from the west coast so it will be fun to bring in foods from across the country and the world. I think that they  should be able to expand a little or that is the hope by the time the school year is done.

Stay tuned to see how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment