Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Old Chicago

This place we have seen many times driving through Rockford, IL. It was our usual Sunday drive, and we decided to stop. It helped that the Bears game was about to start and this place was showing it. It was a nice clean restaurant.It was a lot bigger on the inside than I would have thought from the outside. The booth dividers were old basement windows. Old Chicago, had a lot of Chicago memorabilia around the room to include CTA signs for the Cubs and Sox.  The menu was simple. Very Italian and bar food. The had some interesting menu items. We tried the Italian nachos and the Thai Pie. Very good.The Italian Nachos were part of a sampler platter. The sausage on them was a little spicy, but good. The Thai Pie had fresh vegetables with Thai Chili sauce on it. The heat really didn't hit me until the third bite. It wasn't so hot that I couldn't finish just that middle of the tongue heat.  The price wasn't too bad for 2 kids and 2 adults. I would go back to this place again. They had local, national and international  beers posted on a wall as well as the menu. If your into sampling beer, they offered a beer sampler. They had 3 a local one, a national one and a international one. I thought it might be fun to try on a day I did not have the kids with me.

Have a place you want me to check out? Let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment