Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Food Review

 After the wonderful storm this morning we took a drive and ended up at Mama's Rini's  Restaurant in Crystal  Lake, IL. It was a fairly large place that for a weekend lunch service was slow. The menus were a little sticky and dirty but over all the place was clean. Our waitress was a little slow on getting to us.( I had my two kids with me ) their food did come out first but it was still a wait for it.
I had ordered the Zesty Medi Chicken Wrap and my husband had ordered The Schwerski sandwich. Our meals came with a cup of soup. I can say it was salty and definately made with real chicken because I pulled a bone out of my cup.

My sandwich, I thought was good. It was a home made wrap,  with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and chicken. The sauce was a cucumber sauce, which was balanced. Wasn't too overpowering and wasn't too bitter. The menu said it was suppose to have a bite to it. I didn't taste it. I would order this again from here. It was a good portion size. You could eat half and then take home the other half for another meal.
My husband's sandwich is a little bit of a different story. You really have to like spice to order it. The sandwich is composed of Italian Sausage, Ham, Italian Beef. I got a bite of the sandwich and the spices in the Italian Sausage completely wiped out my pallet . I felt like my mouth was on fire. I could not taste the cheese, or the other meats. When my husband took off the sausage, he said that the ham was a bit too salty for him and the it was okay, just not a sandwich for him. Too much spice. ( I am sorry  the picture of my husband sandwich is a bit blurry, I had a kid bump into me )


Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment