Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time to Set Goals

As I look to the future months of holidays that are coming, I have decided to set a few goals for my self. A cooking wish list as it would be. Besides working on all the little cartoon ideas I have for cake balls like cowboy aliens and soldiers, I would like to work on the savory part of cooking. I love the pastry side of it all, but it is also a joy to cook a meal that is memorable and fun. Then there is the simple items that you see day to day that you think to your self "That's something I want to know how to do" So your not paying arm and leg for it at what ever restaurant that you frequent or stop in at. The goal is to learn and really know the dish. I would like to do countries like Ireland, England, Italy, France. The classics, first. Then expand into some of the more exotic areas like the middle east and other challenging places. I am part polish and I would like to eventually be able to cook some of the recipes from the cook book I got from a cousin. It was my great aunts. Problem number one, is its in Polish. Problem number two, from what I can read, some of the ingredients either aren't around or they do not use them anymore. So its finding a substitute for it. But that is in time.
Ok here goes the short list of things that sit at the back of my head daily that I want to cook .

Eggs Benedict
Souffle - sweet or savory. Want to see if I can get it out perfectly in a couple attempts.
Pasta Va zoo ( i know that isn't the correct spelling) But I love my aunt C's and want to create it
Lobster roll ( although with prices of lobster I will settle for crab)
Home made pasta
Jack ass sushi rolls ( got to be a fan of Guy to know what it its)
Paella
Crab meat wonton
That's a start. I was able to cross of Pasta Primavera off the list. Thought it was so difficult, til I took a breath and just did it. Never thought that it was so easy to make the sauce. 

Happy eating !

1 comment:

  1. Those are some interesting choices! My nephew makes the most wonderful sushi, he uses this really cool bamboo mat to roll it. When you make the lobster roll, are you going to make the rolls from scratch?
    I want to learn to make Risotto from scratch.

    ReplyDelete