Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stuffed Shell Casserole

The original dish was suppose to be just stuffed shells, but my husband being a meat lover wanted me to put meat into this dish. So it turned in to a casserole. I par boiled the jumbo shells, and then stuffed them with ricotta cheese, baby spinach, diced fresh mushrooms, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, marjoram. I added 1 egg to the mix and some Monterey  jack cheese.(its all I had). I put them in a glass dish. I de cased some Italian sweet sausage and cooked it up. I then put some of the sausage in the shells with the mix. I then put the left over fresh mushrooms on top. Then, because I didn't have the time to make my own sauce, I put a jar of spaghetti sauce over the top, adding the remaining left over sausage and more cheese. Set the over to 350 and cooked for about 20 minutes. Will up date after we eat and let you know how it is ...

Happy eating

1 comment:

  1. I do something similar, but I make half the shells cheese stuffed & half meat.
    for the cheese I blend ricotta, cream cheese, garlic, parsley, egg, fresh parmigiana. For the meat I use hamburger, italian sausage, onions, garlic & green pepper. Then I put any extra meat around the shells & cover with Spaghetti sauce & Mozzarella cheese with a little cheddar sprinkled in.

    ReplyDelete