Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Quick Paprika Steak

I found this recipe while sitting in the doctors office and I thought I would give it a go. It calls for coating the steak with this :
1/4 c flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt.

I changed it a little I used a couple different kinds of paprika in 1/2 teaspoons. I used Hungarian, Sweet and Smoked. I also added a little garlic powder.

It also said to make a tomatoe sauce.
6 med tomatoes, seeded and pulsed in processor
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

You put EVOO in a pan and heat it at medium heat . Coat your steaks and put them in the pan. Cook the steaks on each side for 4-5 min. If they are thick that should give you a rare to med rare on the inside. Then it calls for cheese to be put over the steaks. I used Provolone. Recipe calls for Jack. After you pull the steaks out add the tomatoes from the processor, the garlic, sage and pepper and remaining flour mixture from what you coated the steaks in. Let it cook for 5 mintues or until desired consistancy. Then serve.

I tried it that way and decided next time, I will put it all in the processor and then into the frying pan. The steaks came out really tender and jucy. The sauce had a rustic taste to it. It was all equally balanced and harmonious.

Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment