Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fettuccine Ragu

I found this recipe for a Ragu. It is what my aunt would call a southern Italian sauce because of the way its made. You almost puree the vegetables, they called it finely chopped. I used carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms. Saute them in evoo. ( extra virgin olive oil) then you can add ground turkey or veal. I added the turkey. Cook that until its no longer brown. then I added 28 oz of canned crushed tomatoes. I added about  1/2 cup of milk to the mixture. I cooked it down, with all the liquid from cooking the turkey and sweating the vegetables. I let it reduce and threw in about a tablespoon of flour to thicken it up. I cooked fettuccine noodle and served the ragu over it.  Simple quick night food. My husband says its better the second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment