Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gingerbread X mas Tree

This was a set of cookie cutters I had received as a gift. I thought I would try them out . I used a store bought bag of Gingerbread mix. I wanted to see how it would go over with the new elevation. The tree came out a little dry. I am going to  re attempt this again, only this time I will use sugar cookie dough. Most everyone likes sugar cookie dough.
In my steps to make this I did find 5 recipes for Royal Icing. I wound up using Wilton's recipe. In the future, I will try some of the others that I found.
Wilton's called for
3 tablespoons Moraine  powder
6 tablespoons of  warm water
1 lb of confectioner's sugar
and I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Its gives the icing a better taste.
So here is what it looks like. This was taken after I had already broken a branch and repaired it. The cookie cutters are displayed beneath it. For give the spelling tonight. My spell check does not want to work with me .

No comments:

Post a Comment