Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Monday, December 26, 2011

Stuffed Cabbage

This dish is something I grew up with. There a Polish name for it but don't ask me to spell it. It's more commonly known as Stuffed Cabbage.
 1 lb of ground beef/turkey. To have a well rounded flavor
2 cups of cooked rice
This usually varies on the person I didn't measure this time . I will have to write down how much I put in next time, but I use:
oregano, thyme, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and cilantro.
I par boil the cabbage til it is pliable. I let it cool and while that is cooling I am putting together the meat mixture. I then take about an ice cream scoop full  ( medium ones) and place it in the center of the cabbage leaf. I roll the leaf up and place them in a casserole dish. When I am done with that, I take any extra cabbage leaves I have and put them over the top of the rolls. To prevent burning. I then make a tomato mixture. Usually tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes and and more garlic, oregano, salt, rosemary, and basil. Mix it up and dump it over the cabbage. I cook it at 350 for about and hour.
It came out ok this time. Me personally wasn't happy, but the family loved it. So there were no left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment