Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Monday, December 26, 2011

Orange Tea Bourbon Turkey

I got this off of a Food Network Mag. But it turned out great, so I am posting it.
This is a brine for the turkey that I did over night.
2 quarts of water
1 cup oj ( it calls for juice of 5 oranges)
1 zest ed orange
2 cups kosher salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup bourbon
12 pepper corns
6 whole cloves
12 black tea bags
and you bring this to a boil, then simmer for 10 min. Then add 4 more quarts of water. Submerge the turkey and let it sit for 8 hours or  over night

I then used a paprika butter.
Grind coriander, Cumin and paprika. Mix it together with 2 sticks of butter. I added a little garlic, because I like garlic. The picture below is how it turned out. Its got a little bit of an Asian taste to it. I can tell you that the turkey was very moist and did not dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment