Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Culinary School Week 2

So this week, we did soups. We wound up doing 7 soups this week. Crazy, but I had fun. I am only going to post the shortest recipe. I will give  you the others if you ask. I found out that soups I thought I disliked, came out pretty good and are now on my list of things to remake at home.  I am now a fan of French Onion Soup and Mushroom Soup. Could not stand them as a young adult and after making them I love it. There is no way to label all the pictures individually so I am listing the soups we made.
Minestrone, Split Pea, Consomme, Cream of Mushroom, Green bean and Parmesan ,and the last soup was something our instructor gave us. It applies to any vegetable. Name your own vegetable.

Name your Own Vegetabl
2 tbspn butter or olive oil (may need a little more)
2c small diced vegetables
2c small diced onion
thyme or tarragon depending on the vegetable
6c chicken stock warm
lemon juice or white wine vinegar to taste
salt and pepper to taste

In a soup pan melt butter  or olive oil, over low heat. Add onion and vegetable and sweat til soft. Add Chicken stock (make sure to warm it up) and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are very soft. Add thyme or tarragon and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and blend well. (stick blenders are great) Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add lemon juice or white wine vinegar if it needs  brightening.

\My group did carrot with tarragon and vinegar. It came out very sweet and rich. It all depends on what you like. Like I said. If you want the other recipes, just ask. I will be more than happy to post them or give them out.






No comments:

Post a Comment