Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip

This should have been my first post of the new year. My husband introduced me to Spinach Artichoke dip when we first met. It has been something we would always order when we would go out. Since moving out here I have bought it a few times at the store, it has been a bit on the pricey side. I looked up a recipe by Rachel Ray and adapted it to me. I can't believe how simple it was to make and it still tasted like we got it at a restaurant.
1 bag of frozen spinach. defrost and pat dry with paper towels
( I used ) 1 can of artichoke hearts
4 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
( I had this in my fridge so i used it)  1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 container of Parmesan cheese grated. not the powder stuff.
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
salt
pepper
nutmeg

You melt the butter and then add the garlic. Let it cook for about 1 minute. Then add the milk and chicken broth. Add your salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Simmer for about 2 min. Til it starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Then add your cheddar cheese. Once the cheese is melted add the spinach and the artichoke hearts.Then add about half of the Parmesan cheese to the mix. Pour that into a casserole dish. Make sure you preheat the oven to 350. Pour the other half of the Parmesan cheese on top. Cook in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until its bubbly. Then enjoy.

I would post a picture, but it was eaten before I could take one.
I did recently make it again and here is a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment