Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Beer Bread

Doing my usual house cleaning I came a cross a quick bread recipe. I did some experimenting with it and came up with a way to package it and sell it. This will be one of the items I am putting my Etsy site.  Depending on the beer you use is how the taste changes. Ales give it a sweeter taste, darker beers give it a more earthy taste and I have yet to try using the fruity beers like the hard apple cider to see what the out come is.

This is the original recipe, not the one I modified for packaging and sale.
3 cup All purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1- 12oz bottle of beer, room temperature
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp herbs (optional) suggestion: parsley, sage, rosemary o thyme

Pre heat oven to 350.
In a large bowl combine ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Don't over mix.
 Scoop in to a greased loaf pan 4.5"x8.5"
Bake for 1 hour until a tooth pick comes clean.

Serve warm .

No comments:

Post a Comment