Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Spice Rubs

Along with the last post, I thought I would post some of the Rubs I use on vegetables, pork and fish.
I like my food a little spicy. You can substitute theses spices for something less mild. Depending on the meat or fish is if I leave it sit for 4 or more hours in the fridge or if I use it right away.

Cajun Spice- enough for 8 fish filets
2tsp paprika
2tsp ground black powder
1 1/2 tps garlic powder
1tsp red pepper flakes
1tsp dried thyme
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard

Vegetable Seasoning- enough to season 8 servings of vegetables
1tsp dried basil
1tsp dried chervil or tarragon
1tsp dried chives
1tsp dried marjoram
1tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried sage or rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme

Poultry Rub- makes 3tbsp enough to season a 4lb whole chicken or 8 pieces
1tsp kosher salt
1tsp ground black pepper
2tsp smoked paprika
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cayenne

No comments:

Post a Comment