Cream Puffs

Cream Puffs
These are french vanilla filled puffs

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Keep Moving Forward

"Keep moving forward" is a quote from Walt Disney. I love that quote and from time to time I have to remind myself that  everything happens for a reason. Having set backs and  a lot of them are life. Especially being a Military wife and mom.

Most recently, I had an amazing job interview lined up. Restaurant was everything that I have trained for in my culinary career. Downfall, it was 80 miles away, and that was just in one direction. I would have been driving 160 miles a day to and from work. Add that to a 12 hour work day and there is no time left for the kids and barely enough time to sleep. I was pretty upset. I had taken time and planned out the perfect courses of food to knock their socks off right down to the minute details.

Mom had always told me when one door closes there are bound to be more that open, I just have to look for them. After my pitty party last night, I started looking at other options. I found a few. I still have a couple local interviews to attend, I still have a few places I can call to look into renting for my make shift bakery. I also decided that maybe its time I finish my degree.

I have an associates degree in cooking, but looking at the growing job market, more and more people want a Bachelor's Degree. So I have decided to  go back and get my Culinary Management Degree. Then I can start working on becoming a Certified Pastry Chef. I needed to start setting goals for my self again.

I found that we are here another year in Wisconsin. So I must set goals not loose sight of why I became a chef or the goals. I became a chef because I love to cook, I love to share my experiences with people and I like to see people happy when they eat my food. I am proud of what I have cooked and created.

I wish my mom could be here to share the ever growing experiences I have. I know that she is watching me from above and supporting my choices.

Thank you all for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment